♫ Unter dayne vayse shterne

Unter Dy'ne Vy'se Shetern (Under the White Stars) by Chava Alberstein on Grooveshark Song "Unter dayne vayse shtern" performed by Chava Alberstein "Under your white stars", a prayer-lyric, written by Israeli-Yiddish poet Abraham Sutskever, the bard of the Vilna Ghetto.

 

Unter dayne vayse shtern / Shtrek tsu mir dayn vayse hant / Mayne verter zaynen trern / viln ruen in dayn hant / Ze, es tunklt zeyer finkl / In mayn kelerdikn blik / Un ikh hob gornit kayn vinkl / Zey tsu shenken dir tsurik / Un ikh vil dokh, got getrayer / Dir fartroyen mayn farmeg / Vayl es mogt in mir a fayer / Un in fayer mayne teg / Nor in kelern un lekher / Veynt di merderishe ru / Loyf ikh hekher, iber dekher / Un ikh zukh, vu bistu, vu? / Nemen yogn mikh meshune / Trep un hoyfn mit gevoy / Heng ikh a geplatste strune / Un ikh zing tsu dir azoy / Unter dayne vayse shtern / Shtrek tsu mir dayn vayse hant / Mayne verter zaynen trern / viln ruen in dayn hant / Ze, es tunklt zeyer finkl / In mayn kelerdikn blik / Un ikh hob gornit kayn vinkl / Zey tsu shenken dir tsurik

Under your white stars give me your white hand my words turn into tears, receive them in your hand. When it becomes night let the stars light up the dept of my glance so I find quiet in the darkness, allow you to weep again. Only you hear what I ask, you know my pain. Look at this fire, this I carry it burns in my heart. In the cellars, in the dungeons the freedom is in the death. On the houses, on the roofs I shout: "Where are You, God?" Restless I look for You, chased by death. Only for this song I allow me a pause, and I sing for You, oh God.

Keine Kommentare: